Posted to announce@apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2008/07/01 20:31:15 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpCore 4.0-beta2 Released

The Apache HttpComponents project is pleased to announce the release of
HttpComponents HttpCore 4.0-beta2. This release adds a number of
improvements to the NIO components, most notable being improved
asynchronous client side and server side protocol handlers.

There has been a number of important bug fixes in HttpCore NIO module,
whereas HttpCore base module has had very few changes.

All upstream projects dependent on HttpCore NIO are strongly advised to
upgrade.

The focus of the development efforts is now gradually shifting towards
providing better test coverage, documentation and performance
optimizations.

Download -
http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi

Release notes -
http://www.apache.org/dist/httpcomponents/httpcore/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

HttpComponents site -
http://hc.apache.org/

About HttpComponents Core -
The HttpCore components implement the most fundamental aspects of the
HTTP protocol. They are nonetheless sufficient to develop basic client
side and server side HTTP services with a minimal footprint and no
external dependencies. HttpCore NIO extensions can be used to build
asynchronous HTTP services based on non-blocking I/O model capable of
handling a great number of simultaneous connections with just a few I/O
threads.