Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> on 2013/03/05 19:32:31 UTC

[QA][DISCUSS] Should we document formal release criteria?

Hi all,

Some IRC discussion triggered this thought:

Should we document our formal release criteria?  By that, I mean -
should we document the criteria that we use to claim that we are in a
position to cut an actual Release Candidate for voting?

I realized that I've had my own view sitting in my head, but obviously
that means that nobody else knows it!

Thoughts about what our criteria should be?

Here's what's in my head:

No Blocker Bugs outstanding
No Critical Bugs outstanding (unless there is a work-around, and only <
5 like that)
Builds all work
Packaging all works for the selected OS's
Docs and Translation updates checked in

Thoughts?

-chip

RE: [QA][DISCUSS] Should we document formal release criteria?

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.
ABSOLUTELY!

--Alex

Posted by Sudha Ponnaganti <su...@citrix.com>.
We are already in defect fix mode right?? ( even though blockers took longer time to get resolved which prevented QA to make good progress)
Now we are getting features blockers but not QA blockers i.e only few feature validation is blocked but QA is making progress on rest of features.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sudha Ponnaganti <su...@citrix.com>.
I would think we need to address up to Major ( Blockers/Critical/Major ).

Major list can be reviewed / Triaged and issues which doesn't need to be fixed can be deferred.  As this is time based release, incoming and critical defect criteria that Chip mentioned should be fine.

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.