Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2003/01/24 15:06:28 UTC

Person DTD

We have persons on the status page, but no DTD to explain more of them.
Avalon has a format now used, and we could include something like it.
We could also point in the status.xml file to a dir where the author
info can be found, so that links are possible, and we would be using
there only an id to specify the authors.
I would also propose we use unix ids as ids in that file.

Below is a modified form of it. If someone is aware of standard DTDs we
can take from, please help :-)

<person id="">
   <honorific></honorific>
   <firstname></firstname>
   <surname></surname>
   <address>
     <email></email>
     <website></website>
     <blog rss=""></blog>
   </address>
   <affiliation> (1..n)
     <shortaffil></shortaffil>
     <jobtitle></jobtitle>
     <orgname></orgname>
     <orgdiv></orgdiv>
   </affiliation>
   <blurb>
     <para>
     </para>
   </blurb>
</person>

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Person DTD

Posted by Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> We have persons on the status page, but no DTD to explain more of them.
> Avalon has a format now used, and we could include something like it.
> We could also point in the status.xml file to a dir where the author
> info can be found, so that links are possible, and we would be using
> there only an id to specify the authors.
> I would also propose we use unix ids as ids in that file.
>
> Below is a modified form of it. If someone is aware of standard DTDs
> we can take from, please help :-)
>

> <person id="">
>   <honorific></honorific>
>   <firstname></firstname>
>   <surname></surname>
>   <address>
>     <email></email>
>     <website></website>
>     <blog rss=""></blog>
>   </address>
>   <affiliation> (1..n)
>     <shortaffil></shortaffil>
>     <jobtitle></jobtitle>
>     <orgname></orgname>
>     <orgdiv></orgdiv>
>   </affiliation>
>   <blurb>
>     <para>
>     </para>
>   </blurb>
> </person>

 From http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/simple/1.0/sdocbook.dtd

<!ENTITY % person.ident.mix
		"honorific|firstname|surname|lineage|othername|affiliation
		|authorblurb
		%local.person.ident.mix;">

--
Nick Chalko                                         Show me the code.
                          Centipede

Re: Person DTD

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Andrew Savory wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

>>We have persons on the status page, but no DTD to explain more of them.
>>
>>Below is a modified form of it. If someone is aware of standard DTDs we
>>can take from, please help :-)
>><person id="">
>>   <honorific></honorific>
>>   <firstname></firstname>
>>   <surname></surname>
>

> After the recent thread on Cocoon-dev:
>
>      <birthday></birthday>

yes! but please, make it more structured

  <birthday year="xxxx" month="xx" day="xx"/>

I'm lazy on parsing routines :)

Also, I would like to see some optional tags such as

  <picture src="x.jpg">
  <pronounciation src="x.mp3>

where

  picture is for a picture

and

pronounciation is an audio file that you can hear the person pronouncing
his/her own name, so that we know how to say it the first time we meet
without the stupid 'how do you pronounce your name' question.

Another great thing (thinking for the future) is the geographical
location of his/her residence

  <location latidude="" longitude=""/>

but I'm probably getting too wild here :)

--
Stefano Mazzocchi                               <st...@apache.org>

Re: Person DTD

Posted by Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk>.
On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> We have persons on the status page, but no DTD to explain more of them.
>
> Below is a modified form of it. If someone is aware of standard DTDs we
> can take from, please help :-)
> <person id="">
>    <honorific></honorific>
>    <firstname></firstname>
>    <surname></surname>

After the recent thread on Cocoon-dev:

     <birthday></birthday>

> </person>

?

Andrew.

Re: Person DTD

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
J.Pietschmann wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> Below is a modified form of it. If someone is aware of standard DTDs
>> we can take from, please help :-)
>
> HR-XML (human ressources) might be a good place to look.
> LDAP schemas ought to be interesting to look at too.
>
>> <person id="">
>>   <honorific></honorific>
>>   <firstname></firstname>
>>   <surname></surname>
>

> Add a <cname> (common name) here and use it as the primary key.
> Rationales:
> - There is always a "John R. Hacker III"
> - There is also always a "Chen Yong Lee" What's the first and
>   the last name here?
> - You may also try the full name of this "Lula" guy :-)
> There are more rationales I just can't remember right now. We've
> got some thirty pages while designing our LDAP schema...
>
>>   <address>
>>     <email></email>
>
> Add GPG public key and X.509 certificate.
>
> BTW: It would be interesting if the ASF would run a CA and
> provide certificates to the committers (a prerequisite for
> SubVersion, and see the Wiki for more applications).
> I would even volunteer to help...

there has been a discussion about this on infrastructure@apache.org,
subscribe there and help :)

--
Stefano Mazzocchi                               <st...@apache.org>

Re: Person DTD

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Below is a modified form of it. If someone is aware of standard DTDs we
> can take from, please help :-)
HR-XML (human ressources) might be a good place to look.
LDAP schemas ought to be interesting to look at too.

> <person id="">
>   <honorific></honorific>
>   <firstname></firstname>
>   <surname></surname>

Add a <cname> (common name) here and use it as the primary key.
Rationales:
- There is always a "John R. Hacker III"
- There is also always a "Chen Yong Lee" What's the first and
   the last name here?
- You may also try the full name of this "Lula" guy :-)
There are more rationales I just can't remember right now. We've
got some thirty pages while designing our LDAP schema...

>   <address>
>     <email></email>
Add GPG public key and X.509 certificate.

BTW: It would be interesting if the ASF would run a CA and
provide certificates to the committers (a prerequisite for
SubVersion, and see the Wiki for more applications).
I would even volunteer to help...

J.Pietschmann

Re: Person DTD

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Jeff Turner wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 03:06:28PM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>We have persons on the status page, but no DTD to explain more of them.
>>Avalon has a format now used, and we could include something like it.
>>We could also point in the status.xml file to a dir where the author
>>info can be found, so that links are possible, and we would be using
>>there only an id to specify the authors.
>>I would also propose we use unix ids as ids in that file.
>>
>>Below is a modified form of it. If someone is aware of standard DTDs we
>>can take from, please help :-)
>

> IIRC Avalon uses Docbook for this.

Then I guess the below snippet is modified Dochook?

>><person id="">
>>  <honorific></honorific>
>>  <firstname></firstname>
>>  <surname></surname>
>>  <address>
>>    <email></email>
>>    <website></website>
>>    <blog rss=""></blog>
>>  </address>
>>  <affiliation> (1..n)
>>    <shortaffil></shortaffil>
>>    <jobtitle></jobtitle>
>>    <orgname></orgname>
>>    <orgdiv></orgdiv>
>>  </affiliation>
>>  <blurb>
>>    <para>
>>    </para>
>>  </blurb>
>></person>
>

> FTR, Maven's POM uses:
>
>    <developer>
>      <name>Jason van Zyl</name>
>      <id>jvanzyl</id>
>      <email>jason@zenplex.com</email>
>      <organization>Zenplex</organization>
>      <roles>
>        <role>Architect</role>
>        <role>Release
>          Manager</role>
>      </roles>
>    </developer>
>

> +0 if you'd like to add it.

To status.xml? It missed more detailed info about the person.

I am thinking about replacing the Avalon developer pages.

  - convert to DocumentDTD and loos semantics
  - make a DTD out of it
  - reuse a DTD

IT needs to be at least functionally equivalent, the above POM stuff
just won't do.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Person DTD

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 03:06:28PM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> We have persons on the status page, but no DTD to explain more of them.
> Avalon has a format now used, and we could include something like it.
> We could also point in the status.xml file to a dir where the author
> info can be found, so that links are possible, and we would be using
> there only an id to specify the authors.
> I would also propose we use unix ids as ids in that file.
>
> Below is a modified form of it. If someone is aware of standard DTDs we
> can take from, please help :-)

IIRC Avalon uses Docbook for this.

> <person id="">
>   <honorific></honorific>