Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jim Anderson <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/19 22:36:10 UTC

svnserve running as on-demand daemon process on Mac OS X

I'm looking for an example launchd plist for running svnserve. I have
created a subversion user account to house the repository and would like to
issues svnserve requests from other user accounts.
Thanks,
Jim

Re: svnserve running as on-demand daemon process on Mac OS X

Posted by Quinn Taylor <qu...@mac.com>.
I already replied with a sample launchd script, but again, you don't
really need a separate user. (This may depend on your level of control
on the machine.) I  just installed all my repositories in a /svn
directory at the root of the boot volume. Some people prefer /
subversion or some other variant.

If you'd like to have the directory be invisible, and you have the
Xcode tools installed, you can use this command:

	/Developer/Tools/SetFile -a V /svn

This will set the invisible bit, such as is the case for many of the
invisible directories in the root volume, such as /usr, /tmp, etc.
(Note that the file will not actually turn invisible until the Finder
is relaunched.)

TinkerTool should also work for making files/directories invisible.

HTH,
  - Quinn