Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Tuomo Lesonen <tu...@niksula.hut.fi> on 2002/09/27 11:10:37 UTC

JDBC driver for MS SQL Server 2000 with blob support

I'm trying to use the database reader, but the JDBC driver from MS doens't
support blob. We can't get one of the commercial (expensive) drivers at
this point, and I already tried FreeTDS which doesn't have this either. I
have to keep on using SQL Server 2000. :(

Any links ?

-Tuomo

Re: JDBC driver for MS SQL Server 2000 with blob support

Posted by Tuomo Lesonen <tu...@niksula.hut.fi>.
On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 bdhave.work@wanadoo.be wrote:

> This is also a free JDBC driver but I don't know if blob are supported
> http://www.thinweb.com/products_twfreetds.html
>
> good luck
> Bernard

Thanks, I'll try it out. Their website is propably experiencing some
technical difficulties, download doesn't work...

-Tuomo

Posted by bd...@wanadoo.be.

Posted by Tuomo Lesonen <tu...@niksula.hut.fi>.

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Friday, September 27, 2002, at 05:10  AM, Tuomo Lesonen wrote:
> I'm trying to use the database reader, but the JDBC driver from MS
> doens't
> support blob. We can't get one of the commercial (expensive) drivers at
> this point, and I already tried FreeTDS which doesn't have this
> either. I
> have to keep on using SQL Server 2000. :(
>
> Any links ?

Did you use the jTDS? (http://jtds.sourceforge.net/)

Its a fork of the FreeTDS code, may have more support. Thats all the
free options I know of.
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org