Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by sirinath <si...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/12 07:37:02 UTC

Gelly and ML for Streaming

It would be good if you would consider how Gelly and ML can be used on top of
streaming also from the onset.

This would mean that in Gelly you should be able to read Graph mutation
operation from the stream. Initial Graph (Vertices and Edges) if any
followed by mutation stream.

Re: Gelly and ML for Streaming

Posted by sirinath <si...@gmail.com>.
In streaming API you can get efficiency as only some data changes.

I am looking into moving window calculations on real time market data to
generate trading signals

Re: Gelly and ML for Streaming

Posted by Paris Carbone <pa...@kth.se>.
Hi again Suminda!

The stream ML api will be along the lines of the batch ML library and will have some interesting features.  We consider re-using as much as possible from the batch ML (e.g. the same data structures and general abstractions etc.). Faye and Martha (CCed) are looking into stream learners (eg. vertical hoeffding trees, concept drift detectors) and sampling techniques for their theses and part of their work will be most probably integrated into this library which we will be able to share soon.

Furthermore, we are also looking, at an experimental level for now, into different ways of making online learners interact with offline ones in a single pipeline. If you have any ideas that you would want us to consider/look into at this early stage it would be great!

cheers
Paris

Posted by Vasiliki Kalavri <va...@apache.org>.
Hi Suminda,