Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Han, Richard" <Ri...@bell.ca> on 2005/01/18 16:55:46 UTC

jetspeed status

Hi everyone,

I'm new on this list. I'm doing an evaluation of java portals. Could someone
give me some ideas of how mature jetspeed is? Is jeetspeed  good at
integrating web applications?
Thanks

Richard Han
Developer - Solution Development
Bell
2100, 111 - 5th Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 3Y6
Ph: (403) 410-4596
richard.han@bell.ca

Re: jetspeed status

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Han, Richard wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm new on this list. I'm doing an evaluation of java portals. Could someone
> give me some ideas of how mature jetspeed is? Is jeetspeed  good at
> integrating web applications?

There are two code bases for Jetspeed:
* Jetspeed-1
* Jetspeed-2

Jetspeed-1 has been around for a while several years and the 1.6 code
base is stable.

Jetspeed-2 is new and less stable, but IMO has great support for webapp
integration. We now have portals bridges for JSF, Struts, Velocity, PHP
and Perl. The Struts bridge is maturing nicely and requires little to no
modification to your Struts web app.

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

AW: jetspeed status

Posted by ap...@salesfactory.org.
yeah. i'm running jetspeed to manage our orders, stock and staff :)