Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Christopher Jackson <ja...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/16 20:37:09 UTC

Custom credential class configuration.

Hi All,

I am having some issues using a custom credential class in my oozie worfklows.

Environment: RHEL7, HDP2.3

Some background: I have created a custom credential class by extending the org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.HbaseCredentials class. I distribute this class in a jar which is placed on HDFS. The directory containing this jar is listed in my workflow properties using the oozie.libpath property. Additionally I add an entry in the oozie.credentials.credentialclasses property in oozie-site for this class, something like: hbase=org.example.MyCredentialClass.

When I try and run my workflow it fails and complains that the custom credential class can not be found. I have only found one solution for this and that is to bundle the jar inside the oozie server war by placing it in the /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/libext folder then running command: sudo -u oozie /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/bin/oozie-setup.sh prepare-war

Is there anyway to use this custom credential class without having to bundle it inside the war?

Regards,

Christopher Jackson
jackson.christopher.lee@gmail.com