Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Casadonte, Joe" <JC...@glog.com> on 2003/06/13 17:09:05 UTC

List of new stuff for 1.9 RC1

Is there any list of changes available for 1.9 RC1?  Thanks!

joe
Joe Casadonte
Global Logistics Technologies, Inc.
jcasadonte@glog.com

1016 West Ninth Avenue
King of Prussia, PA 19406
610-491-9881

Re: List of new stuff for 1.9 RC1

Posted by ms...@apache.org.
Right - good point.  I'll get on the changes list.

But, off the top of my head:

more functions (StringFromFile, CSVRead, javascript, random)
functions and variables now fully recursive and work just about everywhere, in
any test element field
sampling logs can now be saved in either XML or CSV format (CSV more
efficient/less info)
New Regex Extractor
new organization of elements: no more "modifiers" and "response-based
modifiers", now there are pre-processors and post-processors that execute
before/after a request.
New LDAP sampler
New SOAP sampler (both new samplers should be considered alpha/beta
code, as they are last minute additions)
functions now longer need to be encoded - special values should be escaped
with "\" if they are literal values
new cut/copy/paste functions
can be larger
better memory profile while executing test (performance improvement)
improvements to remote testing support
SSL testing should work with less user-fudging, and in non-gui mode (At least
for trusted certs, non-trusted certs need someone out there to test for me)

there's more I'm sure, but I'll make the list and put it in the docs.

-Mike

On 13 Jun 2003 at 11:09, Casadonte, Joe wrote:

> Is there any list of changes available for 1.9 RC1?  Thanks!
>
> --
> Regards,
>

> joe
> Joe Casadonte