Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Cédric Chabanois <cc...@ifrance.com> on 2003/04/13 16:15:57 UTC

java and subversion

Hi

1)
Svnup and my java projects use the same jni interface to use subversion.
I think that the jni interface, which is completely independant from the
rest of svnup, should be separated from svnup so that it can be used for
other projects as well (like mine).

I send a mail to svnup author (patrick Mayweg) and he agreed.
I think it should be greet to integrate it to svn repository and to
nominate it as the jni-binding for svn. Patrick Mayweg said me that he
is willing to maintain it.
I also made many modifications to this jni interface (jsvn ?), and I
think it would help if I could share these modifications with Patrick
and others.

2) I also made some ant tasks using jsvn.
I think that it would be great to integrate it to svn repository too.

3)  I am currently working on a svn plug-in for eclipse.

Your comments ?

Thank you,

Cédric Chabanois

Re: java and subversion

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Cédric Chabanois wrote:

> Hi
>
> 1)
> Svnup and my java projects use the same jni interface to use
> subversion. I think that the jni interface, which is completely
> independant from the rest of svnup, should be separated from svnup so
> that it can be used for other projects as well (like mine).
>
> I send a mail to svnup author (patrick Mayweg) and he agreed.
> I think it should be greet to integrate it to svn repository and to
> nominate it as the jni-binding for svn. Patrick Mayweg said me that he
> is willing to maintain it.
> I also made many modifications to this jni interface (jsvn ?), and I
> think it would help if I could share these modifications with Patrick
> and others.

How many JNI bindings for Subversion do we have now? There are the
(largely aborted?) hand-written ones in our repo, the SWIG-Java bindings
in our repo, and this.

Somehow I get the feeling that the Java people aren't being very
efficient here.

> 2) I also made some ant tasks using jsvn.
> I think that it would be great to integrate it to svn repository too.

I think they'd fit better in the Ant reposiutory, not the Subversion
repository.