Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Ragnvald Balch Barth 8378 <RB...@rubicon.no> on 2000/08/21 12:21:06 UTC

Call.invoke fails.

Hi.
Why does Call.invoke() throw an exeption?
This code should be by the book...

         Call call = new Call ();
         call.setTargetObjectURI (strTmp);
         call.setMethodName ("ebizGetClients");
         call.setEncodingStyleURI(encodingStyleURI);
         call.setParams (params);
         Response resp = call.invoke (url, "" );

... but I always get this exeption:

[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Root element of a SOAP
message must be: 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Envelope'.;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Root element of a SOAP
message must be: 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Envelope'.]

the fault code is SOAP-ENV:Client, so nothing is sent.
Anybody has any idea?
Thanks!
Ragnvald.

Re: Call.invoke fails.

Posted by Jeff MAURY <jf...@scort.com>.

Ragnvald Balch Barth 8378 wrote:

> Hi.
> Why does Call.invoke() throw an exeption?
> This code should be by the book...
>
>          Call call = new Call ();
>          call.setTargetObjectURI (strTmp);
>          call.setMethodName ("ebizGetClients");
>          call.setEncodingStyleURI(encodingStyleURI);
>          call.setParams (params);
>          Response resp = call.invoke (url, "" );
>
> ... but I always get this exeption:
>
> [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Root element of a SOAP
> message must be: 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Envelope'.;
> targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Root element of a SOAP
> message must be: 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Envelope'.]
>
> the fault code is SOAP-ENV:Client, so nothing is sent.
> Anybody has any idea?
Hello,

I have met this error when the server returns and HTTP error so no SOAP
envelop is return to the call. In order to fix it, I suggest to use the
debugging tool called TcpTunnelGUI that will trace all data exchanged
between the client and the server.

Jeff

--
Jeff MAURY