Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sameer <sk...@srijansoft.com> on 2000/11/24 11:53:42 UTC

NoClassDefFoundError

Hi,

Just installed Tomcat according to the instructions given in the
Development/Deployment guide give at http://jakarta.apache.org for Tomcat.

When I say ./build, I get an error
"NoClassDefFoundError org/apache/tools/ant"

I have not installed Ant (if that is something to be installed - I believe
it is pre-installed) and neither have I used CVS as www.sourcegear.com/cvs
is down. I hope it is not essential to use that.

What could be the problem? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sameer Kachroo