Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Jorge Fonseca <jc...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/06 14:50:11 UTC

Zookeeper without JMX ?

Hi All,

Have a nice new year :)
A simple and direct question.

Is it possible to port zookeeper to a platform that does not have JMX
technology? Or Zookeeper is fully-dependent of this technology?

Best regards !
Jorge.

Re: Zookeeper without JMX ?

Posted by Jorge Fonseca <jc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Chris.

You are correct - android does not support JMX packages.

The main idea is embed zoo Client and Server in Android devices...Its a
research project involves Mobile Distribuited CEP ! I´m afraid too :)
Probably there is not a quick solution !!!! :(

thanks again.

Best Regards,
Jorge.

Re: Zookeeper without JMX ?

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
Hello Jorge,

Re: Zookeeper without JMX ?

Posted by Jorge Fonseca <jc...@gmail.com>.
Flavio,

Re: Zookeeper without JMX ?

Posted by Jorge Fonseca <jc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Flavio !

Re: Zookeeper without JMX ?

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
Hi Jorge,

The short answer is that it is fairly embedded in the code, but I can really interpret your question in two ways: you're having some problem with jmx or you want to use something else to  monitor your zookeeper ensemble. Perhaps you can give some more detail about the problem you're trying to solve so that we can help you out here.