Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ratna Kar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/07 13:07:18 UTC

Please help me in resolving the problem(dojo + struts 2)

I am trying to do a sample ajax application(Struts 2.3 latest) which is
based on dojo.

but the ajax functionality not working for me. I have included the
necessary dojo plugin in
the classpath.

but still the ajax functionality is not working..

getting the following errors while testing my action. .. pls help

*Error 1*

TypeError: "$Rev$".match(...) is null

revision: Number("$Rev$".match(/[0-9]+/)[0]),

*Error 2*

TypeError: dojo.require is not a function

dojo.hostenv.writeIncludes(true);

Please help me in resolving the issue.

Re: Please help me in resolving the problem(dojo + struts 2)

Posted by ma...@nevagroup.com.
Hi Ratna,
                         For AJAX implementation JQuery is best as you can
find lots of option and example to implement it.

Re: Please help me in resolving the problem(dojo + struts 2)

Ratna Kar
to:
Struts Users Mailing List
07/07/2014 05:11 PM

Thanks Srikanth..
Seems like there is a bug on the above issue..

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-4349

Also seems like dojo plugin is going to be deprecated from the next major
release 2.5.. Can any one confirm this..

One more question, in order to develop ajax based application... Which
plugin is more suitable and popular at this point of time.. ?
Is it jquery plugin ? Please help me in choosing the right plugin..

Thanks once again

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/S2PLUGINS/jQuery+plugin+-+Easy+AJAX+and+Widget+Integration

> --
> Thanks & Regards
> Srikanth
> Software Developer
> --------------------------------
> eGovernments Foundations
> www.egovernments.org
> Mob : 9980078913
> --------------------------------
>

> On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 4:37 PM, Ratna Kar <ra...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I am trying to do a sample ajax application(Struts 2.3 latest) which
is
> > based on dojo.
> >
> > but the ajax functionality not working for me. I have included the
> > necessary dojo plugin in
> > the classpath.
> >
> > but still the ajax functionality is not working..
> >
> > getting the following errors while testing my action. .. pls help
> >
> > *Error 1*
> >
> > TypeError: "$Rev$".match(...) is null
> >
> > revision: Number("$Rev$".match(/[0-9]+/)[0]),
> >

> > *Error 2*
> >
> > TypeError: dojo.require is not a function
> >
> > dojo.hostenv.writeIncludes(true);
> >
> > Please help me in resolving the issue.

Re: Please help me in resolving the problem(dojo + struts 2)

Posted by ma...@nevagroup.com.
Hi Ratna,
                   Just go to Jquery Ajax API this url and you will find
all ajax implementation. you just need to specify url, data, and type and
on success what ever you want to do just do.......

Re: Please help me in resolving the problem(dojo + struts 2)

Ratna Kar
to:
Struts Users Mailing List
07/07/2014 05:41 PM

Thanks srikanth and manoj.
Please point me good documentation w.r.t jquery struts 2.

I want to do some samples w.r.t ajax and i need to add the required jar's
before doing the sample apps.
(please suggest good documentation link to know these things.)

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 5:11 PM, Sreekanth S. Nair <

Posted by Ratna Kar <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks srikanth and manoj.

Posted by "Sreekanth S. Nair" <sr...@egovernments.org>.

Posted by Ratna Kar <ra...@gmail.com>.