Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com> on 2006/07/18 21:06:14 UTC

[Daisy] "Link to new document"?

Hi, sorry for such a lame question... I was unsure whether to post this
here or to the Daisy list...

Anyway, playing with my brand new "doc:editor" role on the Cocoon docs
Daisy site... when I use the "Link to new document" button in the
editor toolbar, everything seems to work OK, and I get what looks like
a link.  But then, how do I edit the newly created document, if indeed
there is one?  I tried clicking on the link, and it took me to
www.daisy.com! :-)  Seriously.  So, what is the deal here?

thx :-)
—ml—

Re: [Daisy] "Link to new document"?

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.
On Jul 19, 2006, at 7:38 PM, David Crossley wrote:

> We don't use the docs@ list for discussion, it is only
> for notification of diffs.
>
> We keep the discussion here on dev@.

oops, OK... I shoulda asked... thought I saw a few real human being
posts there.  I'll re-post mine here :-)

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Mark Lundquist wrote:

> I have a couple more Daisy and Cocoon docs questions and I'm sure there
> will be more :-), but I'll be switching over to the documentation
> mailing list (which I just discovered on Gmane) for those...

We don't use the docs@ list for discussion, it is only
for notification of diffs.

We keep the discussion here on dev@.

-David

Re: [Daisy] "Link to new document"?

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.
On Jul 19, 2006, at 2:16 AM, Bruno Dumon wrote:

> This is the document you created:
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/1165.html

Yeah, and I created a few more in the process of trying to figure out
what I did "wrong" :-)... I've deleted all those.

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.
Hi Bruno,

On Jul 19, 2006, at 2:16 AM, Bruno Dumon wrote:

>>   I tried clicking on the link, and it took me to
>> www.daisy.com! :-)  Seriously.
>
> Where did you click on the link? In the editor, you can't click on the
> link (there's a special 'open' button on the toolbar to open the link),

Where is that button, and what does it look like?  I can't seem to find
it...

> and you didn't save the document containing the link AFAICS (and in any
> case, due to the bug mentioned above, you wouldn't see the content
> containing the link anyhow).

It looks like this was a pathological side-effect of a Firefox
behavior.  Indeed you cannot traverse a link normally in the editor...
but I wanted to open it in a new tab in Firefox, so I ctrl-clicked it
(PowerBook trackpad equivalent to right-click :-), and apparently in
this mode Firefox thought it was a link and presented the link context
menu.  Not knowing any better, I selected "Open link in a new tab...",
and poofo!  I get www.daisy.com in the new tab.  Strange but true!

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 13:39 -0700, Mark Lundquist wrote:
> Hi Bruno,
>
> On Jul 19, 2006, at 2:16 AM, Bruno Dumon wrote:
>
> >>   I tried clicking on the link, and it took me to
> >> www.daisy.com! :-)  Seriously.
> >
> > Where did you click on the link? In the editor, you can't click on the
> > link (there's a special 'open' button on the toolbar to open the link),
>
> Where is that button, and what does it look like?  I can't seem to find
> it...

In the editor, it's on the first row of the toolbar, the 5th button from
the right.

Re: [Daisy] "Link to new document"?

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.
Hi Bruno,

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 12:06 -0700, Mark Lundquist wrote:
> Hi, sorry for such a lame question... I was unsure whether to post this
> here or to the Daisy list...
>
> Anyway, playing with my brand new "doc:editor" role on the Cocoon docs
> Daisy site... when I use the "Link to new document" button in the
> editor toolbar, everything seems to work OK, and I get what looks like
> a link.  But then, how do I edit the newly created document, if indeed
> there is one?

This is the document you created:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/1165.html

The Daisy version currently running on the zone has a bug due to which
it is only possible to view the live version of documents. Since with
your permissions you're not allowed to publish the document as live, it
is not possible to view what your wrote (except by opening the document
in the editor).

I'll look into updating the Daisy on the zone in one of the next weeks.