Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by smöker <sm...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/12 08:44:26 UTC

AbstractAjaxTimerBehavior Problem

hi guys,

i'm running into problems using AbstractAjaxTimerBehavior in combination
with ordinary AjaxLinks/AjaxButtons.

The AbstractAjaxTimerBehavior stops working as soon as another
AjaxFunctionality within the same page is executed by AjaxLinks/AjaxButtons.

The purpose of my tests : I'd like to show up a Progress Bar, as soon as a
Long Running Process is started by an ajax button/link.

The Problem : The Timer stops, as soon as another ajax functionality is
executed.

Here's a snippet representing the problem (Wicket 1.5.7, jquery-ui-core
1.3.1) :

Any Help to point me into the right direction would be welcome!

Re: AbstractAjaxTimerBehavior Problem

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Ajax request are queued so if you do....

while (true) {
			//
		}

then this thread will be locked till you get a time out... Maybe what you
want is

1- Create some "context" for monitoring progress
2- On onclick start a new thread and pass it context in 1). This thread
will increase progress in background.
3- Timer will also have access to context and update progress according to
it.

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 8:44 AM, smöker <sm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi guys,
>
> i'm running into problems using AbstractAjaxTimerBehavior in combination
> with ordinary AjaxLinks/AjaxButtons.
>
> The AbstractAjaxTimerBehavior stops working as soon as another
> AjaxFunctionality within the same page is executed by
> AjaxLinks/AjaxButtons.
>
> The purpose of my tests : I'd like to show up a Progress Bar, as soon as a
> Long Running Process is started by an ajax button/link.
>
> The Problem : The Timer stops, as soon as another ajax functionality is
> executed.
>
> Here's a snippet representing the problem (Wicket 1.5.7, jquery-ui-core
> 1.3.1) :
>

> Any Help to point me into the right direction would be welcome!

Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro
Antilia Soft
http://antiliasoft.com/ <http://antiliasoft.com/antilia>