Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com> on 2001/09/07 16:59:12 UTC

Apache 1.3.21 tag and roll

I'd like to tag and roll Apache 1.3.21.  Anyone have anything they would like to get in
first? I believe there are some proxy patches and some misc fixes to 1.3.20 and that's
about it. Not in any hurry but I would like to do it sometime in the next few weeks.
Opinions?

Bill

Re: Apache 1.3.21 tag and roll

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> writes:

> * On 2001-09-07 at 11:13,
>   Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net> excited the electrons to say:
> >
> > there's the boatload of ab changes which were punted from 1.3.20...
> > does anybody know if those are golden yet?
>
> Judging by the [unexamined] warnings I see when I do a make,
> I think there are still issues..

I just committed fixes for 5 or so warnings.  Maybe you can try again
with your settings?

Thanks,

Jeff

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...

Re: Apache 1.3.21 tag and roll

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
* On 2001-09-07 at 11:13,
  Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net> excited the electrons to say:

> "Bill Stoddard" <bi...@wstoddard.com> writes:
>
> > I'd like to tag and roll Apache 1.3.21.  Anyone have anything
> > they would like to get in first?

A couple of mod_auth things, but that should be cleared up easily
within the 'next few weeks'.

--
#ken	P-)}

Re: Apache 1.3.21 tag and roll

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
"Bill Stoddard" <bi...@wstoddard.com> writes:

> I'd like to tag and roll Apache 1.3.21.  Anyone have anything they would like to get in
> first?

extremely minor:

. fix a few bugs in the magic file (trailing \t which confuses the
  parser and leads to an unlogged 500 error)

. allow pthread serialization on Solaris

Re: Apache 1.3.21 tag and roll

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
* On 2001-09-08 at 08:33,
  Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> excited the electrons to say:

> the only thing apxs does on -q KEY is parsing build/config_vars.mk and
> giving you the value of the requested key.

Um, that is on 2.0.  We are talking about 1.3..
--
#ken	P-)}

Re: Apache 1.3.21 tag and roll

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net>.
On Friday 07 September 2001 21:50, Stas Bekman wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> > "Bill Stoddard" <bi...@wstoddard.com> wrote:
> > > I'd like to tag and roll Apache 1.3.21.  Anyone have anything they
> > > would like to get in first? I believe there are some proxy patches and
> > > some misc fixes to 1.3.20 and that's about it. Not in any hurry but I
> > > would like to do it sometime in the next few weeks. Opinions?
> >
> > Before rolling... Can someone check out why sometimes LD_SHLIB is not
> > defined in APXS (seems to be a problem with RedHat 7.1)? Pretty please
> > with sugar on top? (Or at least give me an hint on how to link a DSO when
> > 'apxs -q LD_SHLIB' doesn't report anything).
>
> the only thing apxs does on -q KEY is parsing build/config_vars.mk and
> giving you the value of the requested key. Now, LD_SHLIB is not listed in
> this file (at least not in mine). So the fix is to make it appear there,
> and requires no changes to apxs.
>
> BTW, grepping the sources for LD_SHLIB doesn't come up with anything but
> apxs.in, so I don't think anybody generates it at all.

Pier is asking about Apache 1.3, not 2.0.  :-)

Ryan

Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org

Re: Apache 1.3.21 tag and roll

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.