Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jan Willem Penterman <jw...@shapers.nl> on 2002/08/16 16:38:41 UTC

[repost] MySQL no suitable driver

[repost] still stuck on this [/repost]

I'm quite new to Cocoon but want to set up a MySQL connection using
ESQL. I followed the directives on
http://www.cocooncenter.de/cc/documents/resources/db-app/index.html and
altered the settings for MySQL like I see them everwhere in the mail
archives. So I have an XSP page generated from a subsitemap of the
default cocoon app:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsp:page
	language="java"
	xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
	xmlns:esql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2">
	<root>
		<esql:connection>
			<esql:execute-query>
				<!-- pooling (doesn't work) -->
				<!-- esql:pool>mysql</esql:pool -->

				<!-- basic connection. no pooling
(doesn't work either) -->

<esql:driver>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</esql:driver>

<esql:dburl>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test</esql:dburl>
				<esql:username>root</esql:username>
				<esql:password>5h4p3r5</esql:password>

			</esql:execute-query>

		</esql:connection>
	</root>
</xsp:page>

As you can see it doesn't work both pooling and non-pooling. This is the
error:

error.log:
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in
ServerPagesGenerator.generate(): java.lang.RuntimeException: Error
opening connection to dburl: : No suitable driver

Traces I find of the driver:

access.log:
DEBUG   (2002-08-15) 02:32.20:253   [access] (Unknown-URI)
Unknown-thread/CocoonServlet: Trying to load class:
org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

core.log:
DEBUG   (2002-08-15) 02:54.03:637   [core] (Unknown-URI)
Unknown-thread/Cocoon: Classpath =
<alotofjars/>;D:\apache-tomcat-4.0.4\webapps\cocoon\WEB-INF\lib\mm.mysql
-2.0.14-bin.jar;<alotofjars/>;

I can however make a jdbc:mysql connection with a regular servlet. So
nothing wrong with that.

My system:

Windows XP
j2sdk1.3.1_4
tomcat 4.0.4
cocoon 2.0.3
MySQL 3.23.49-nt
mm.mysql-2.0.14

JW

Chinese Cocoon developers ?

Posted by jamin rubio <jr...@jouve.fr>.
Hi all,

I have some question : Is there some chinese developers who developed a
website in chinese language using cocoon ?

RE: [repost] MySQL no suitable driver

Posted by Jan Willem Penterman <jw...@shapers.nl>.
I upgraded to the com.mysql.jdbc.Driver, same error. The settings you
described are like I already had.

> Try jdk1.4.1 and the cvs HEAD of Cocoon.  If your going to be
> on the edge, then being one or two versions back can be
> rougher than being where the developers are;  the developers
> are more likely to address any problems you discover if your
> working with the cvs HEAD.

I thougtht it was better to user j2sdk1.3 when using database
connections with cocoon2?

JW

Posted by Roger I Martin PhD <hy...@hypernexinc.com>.
[...]

I'm using mysql-connector-java-3.0.0-beta-bin.jar. It does not appear to be
compressed.  I have found that if you want to apply a bleeding edge
technology such as Cocoon it's good if you have the audacity to go all of
the way and use the latest of every part until you get a fairly stable
environment, protect it by backing up and be willing to try the latest again
and again.  If the latest fails then go back to your backup if your at the
stage you have one but try again within a few weeks.  This actually
minimizes your time of looking at what you think your doing wrong but
aren't.

Try jdk1.4.1 and the cvs HEAD of Cocoon.  If your going to be on the edge,
then being one or two versions back can be rougher than being where the
developers are;  the developers are more likely to address any problems you
discover if your working with the cvs HEAD.

--Roger