Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Brian Jeltema <br...@digitalenvoy.net> on 2014/07/20 17:52:39 UTC

determining which region a mapper processed

When  a MapReduce job is run against HBase, a mapper is created for each region (using TableInputFormat).
Is there a way look at the history and determine which region a given mapper ran against? Or can I rely on
the mapper number being the same as the region number?

TIA
Brian

Re: determining which region a mapper processed

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
You shouldn't rely on mapper number.

Each mapper can log the first key it processes.

Cheers