Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by deepakarun <de...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/21 14:45:23 UTC

mod_perl.so compatiable issue

I am trying to install Bugzilla software in Apache Web Server. I am trying =
to use mod_perl option. The source I used is mod_perl-2.0.5-i35fJ9, I execu=
ted the following commands:
perl Makefile.PL MP_APXS=3D/usr/local/httpd-bugzilla/bin/apxs

make

make install

After install, it created the mod_perl.so under /usr/local/apache2/modules/=
which is not my Apache HOME.

I copied the mod_perl.so file to my HOME /usr/local/httpd-bugzilla/modules =
and tried starting Apache and I got the following error:

# ./apachectl start
httpd: Syntax error on line 115 of /usr/local/httpd-bugzilla/conf/httpd.con=
f: API module structure 'perl_module' in file /usr/local/apache2/modules/mo=
d_perl.so is garbled - expected signature 41503232 but saw 41503230 - perha=
ps this is not an Apache module DSO, or was compiled for a different Apache=
version?

Any help solving the above issue would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Deepa

Re: mod_perl.so compatiable issue

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.
On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 6:45 AM, deepakarun <de...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to install Bugzilla software in Apache Web Server. I am trying =
> to use mod_perl option. The source I used is mod_perl-2.0.5-i35fJ9, I execu=

Looks like you are installing mod_perl2 from the source provided by a
source rpm.  Can you install the rpm directly itself?