Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Brandis Jaroslav <ja...@softec.sk> on 2006/05/23 19:32:21 UTC

Merging repositories ?

Hello ...

I've got this problem.
By mistake I run mailer-tweak.py script on wrong repository. Dates on
revisions was  owerwrited .
My idea about recovering was: recreate repository from full dump and
then create another dump for specific revisions 4000:4021 from corupted
repository. So I get repository with minimal  number of bad dated
revisions.

- I've dumped specific revisions with svnadmin dump c:\repos -r
4000:4021 > last-rev.dmp   But this dump has size like full dump of
repository. Ok -no problem.
- I recreate repository with svnadmin create   and svnadmin load <
repository.dmp    Ok. I have recovered repository to specific time.
- I would like to load specific revisions exported in first step.
svnadmin load < last-rev.dmp    Here I got error:

<<< Started new transaction, based on original revision 4000
     * adding path : SMKdoc ...svnadmin: File already exists: filesystem
'db', t
ransaction '4000-7', path 'SMKdoc'

What's the problem ?

Is my idea about recovering repository correct  or exist another way to
recover ?

Thanks

Re: Merging repositories ?

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On May 23, 2006, at 21:32, Brandis Jaroslav wrote:

> - I've dumped specific revisions with svnadmin dump c:\repos -r
> 4000:4021 > last-rev.dmp   But this dump has size like full dump of
> repository. Ok -no problem.
> - I recreate repository with svnadmin create   and svnadmin load <
> repository.dmp    Ok. I have recovered repository to specific time.
> - I would like to load specific revisions exported in first step.
> svnadmin load < last-rev.dmp    Here I got error:
>
> <<< Started new transaction, based on original revision 4000
>      * adding path : SMKdoc ...svnadmin: File already exists:
> filesystem
> 'db', t
> ransaction '4000-7', path 'SMKdoc'
>
> What's the problem ?

Did you use the --incremental switch for the dump starting at r4000?
I think that would be necessary.