Posted to user@shale.apache.org by Richard Eggert <re...@proteus-technologies.com> on 2007/02/26 17:01:44 UTC

Weird error for full HTML views

I'm trying to get full HTML views working.  I was able to get partial HTML views (using JSP to load the HTML template) working, but I keep getting the same weird error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse.getContentType()Ljava/lang/String;
at org.apache.shale.faces.ClayViewHandler.renderView(ClayViewHandler.java:385)

The page I'm trying to load is named /htmlTest.foo and it exists only within my clay-views.xml.  I've set FULLXML_CONFIG_FILES to /WEB-INF/clay-views.xml.  I've set XML_TEMPLATE_SUFFIX to .foo.  I have a filter-mapping for /* to point to the ShaleApplicationFilter that I set up.  I have a servlet-mapping that maps *.foo to the Faces servlet.  I have a mime-mapping that maps the "foo" extension to "text/html".  I have not modified javax.faces.DEFAULT_SUFFIX (i.e., I've left it as the default of ".jsp"), since I still have a lot of traditional JSP-based JSF pages (I did try changing it to ".foo" at one point, to no effect).

I don't know if it's relevant, but I did notice the following lines in my log file (note the file extensions):
org.apache.shale.clay.faces.ClayViewHandler:282 - Clay template restoreView for /htmlTest.jsp
org.apache.shale.clay.faces.ClayViewHandler:366 - Clay template renderView for /htmlTest.jsp

Does anyone have any idea of why I'm getting this error (or, more importantly, how to fix it)?

Rich Eggert
Member of Technical Staff
Proteus Technologies, LLC
http://www.proteus-technologies.com