Posted to users@solr.apache.org by dmitri maziuk <dm...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/13 23:09:55 UTC

SOLVED (-ish) Re: copyField dest is not an explicit field and doesn't match a dynamic field

On 2022-03-10 6:07 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:

> I am not very familiar with the update processor that adds fields.  But
> if I understand that correctly, it means that for any field matching
> that specification, it's going to do a copyField

So from empirical observation,
- it does not add a copyField for the field that already exists in the
schema, *but*
- it seems to check/validate the rule/schema *first* and decide whether
it'll need to add the field later.

So it fails on the missing def'n even though the rule is never actually
triggered.

It's arguably a bug: ideally it should check the whole thing up front at
startup and refuse to run when the rules in solrconfig are inconsistent
with the schema. Or it could fail to create the *_str field when it's
actually needed -- the current behaviour is neither here nor there.

Thanks again,
Dima