Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Martin Gilday <ma...@imap.cc> on 2008/09/23 19:42:27 UTC

SEDA and JMX

Is it possible to see the number of items in a SEDA queue?  I can see
numCompleted numExchanges and numFailed.  Try as I might I am unable to
get numFailed above 0.  I can see lots of "SEVERE: Failed delivery"
messages when I have a from("seda:a").to("bean:...") and the bean throws
an exception but nothing changes.

Thanks,
Martin

RE: SEDA and JMX

Posted by Martin Gilday <ma...@imap.cc>.
I've looked through the source and still don't understand really how to
use ListEndpoint.  Is it to be used in a complimentary fashion to
another endpoint such as SEDA, or is it a endpoint type in its own
right? i.e do I put list:sedQueueIwantToTrack or
list:differentName?endpoint=sedaQueueIwantToTrack.  It doesn't take any
parameters so it can't be the latter.  Is it just a really simple
endpoint?

As SedaEnpoint already extends BrowsableEdnpoint all I have done is do
put this in my S2 Action
this.queueSize =
((BrowsableEndpoint<Exchange>)this.camelContext.getEndpoint(Routes.CALL_ENDS_ENDPOINT)).getExchanges().size();

This seems to work really well.