Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Pete Haidinyak <ja...@cox.net> on 2009/02/25 09:18:10 UTC

Importing external interfaces

Howdy,
	I am using the iPOJO Annotation sample (Ant version) and I have extended
the Hello interface with an interface outside the 'ipojo.example.hello'
packages. The interface is 'com.idiots.test.TestInterface'. I created a
jar with this interface and placed it in the classpath when I started
Felix and I modified the config.properties to include the interfaces
package (I think)

org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra=com.idiots.test

When I started the bundles (impl and client) I would get a
ClassNotFoundException for the TestInterface. I noticed there wasn't an
Import-Package entry for 'com.idiots.test' in the Manifest file.
It was my understanding that the bnd task would automagically find all the
imports needed and add them to the manifest. Anyway I manually added the
import to the manifest without any success. I know I'm doing something
fundamentally wrong cuz this should be simple.

Please help

Thanks

-Pete

Re: Importing external interfaces

Posted by ja...@cox.net.
Thanks, my mistake was not creating the bundle but expecting the interface to be picked up from the classpath.

-Pete

---- clement escoffier <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:

=============
Hi

So if I understand correctly you have extended the hello interface
with another interface from a different package.

To achieve this, just create a bundle containing the interface and
exporting the package containing the Interface.

Then modify the hello Interface to add the extends Clause. When you
will repackage the bundle, bnd will add the Import package.

Regards,

Clement

2009/2/25, Pete Haidinyak <ja...@cox.net>:
> Howdy,
> 	I am using the iPOJO Annotation sample (Ant version) and I have extended
> the Hello interface with an interface outside the 'ipojo.example.hello'
> packages. The interface is 'com.idiots.test.TestInterface'. I created a
> jar with this interface and placed it in the classpath when I started
> Felix and I modified the config.properties to include the interfaces
> package (I think)
>
> org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra=com.idiots.test
>
> When I started the bundles (impl and client) I would get a
> ClassNotFoundException for the TestInterface. I noticed there wasn't an
> Import-Package entry for 'com.idiots.test' in the Manifest file.
> It was my understanding that the bnd task would automagically find all the
> imports needed and add them to the manifest. Anyway I manually added the
> import to the manifest without any success. I know I'm doing something
> fundamentally wrong cuz this should be simple.
>
> Please help
>
> Thanks
>
> -Pete

1. If a man is standing in the middle of the forest talking, and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

2. Behind every great woman... Is a man checking out her ass

3. I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat.*

4. Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock.*

5. A process is what you need when all your good people have left.

*Will Rogers

Re: Importing external interfaces

Posted by clement escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi