Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by zhan yi <zh...@cycnet.com> on 2000/11/30 06:49:23 UTC

回复: password and login admin

-----Original Message-----
发件人: Persegato Marco <pe...@arena.sci.univr.it>
收件人: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
日期: 2000年11月29日 18:35
主题: password and login admin

Re: password and login to admin context

Posted by Christian Rauh <ch...@rauh.net>.
"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:

> It didn't make the docs in the last-minute rush, but there are two things you need
> to do if you want to use the administration app under Tomcat 3.2:
>
> * In "$TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml", change the
>   entry for the administration application so that it says
>
>         trusted="true"

Where exactly? Can you send me the part that needs to be changed, I
cannot locate anything that seems like the administration application.

Christian

Re: password and login to admin context

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
David Bussenschutt wrote:

> Ignore my previous mail, I just saw an earlier mail stating that it was a
> known bug that is fixed in 3.2 final. I guess I'll upgrade and try again.

It didn't make the docs in the last-minute rush, but there are two things you need
to do if you want to use the administration app under Tomcat 3.2:

* In "$TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml", change the
  entry for the administration application so that it says

        trusted="true"

* Create one or more users who have a role "admin"
  assigned to them.  (The username and password
  do not matter).  For the default realm, that means
  editing file $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/tomcat-users.xml
  and restarting Tomcat.

We didn't want people unknowingly exposing their servers to remote attack, so the
server administrator must take these deliberate steps to make administration
available.

> David.

Craig McClanahan

Re: password and login to admin context

Posted by David Bussenschutt <D....@mailbox.gu.edu.au>.

At 03:48 PM 12/1/00 +1000, you wrote:
>>It is up to you to set these values.  You need to create a username/password
>>combination that has the role "admin" assigned to them.
>>
>>If you are using a stock Tomcat configuration, you can do this by editing
the
>>file "conf/tomcat-users.xml" user the Tomcat distribution directory.
>
>Seems a lot of people are having problems with the 'admin' context not
>having a username/password obviously available to be changed....including
>me.  (tomcat 3.2beta8, apache 1.3.14, mod_jk, )
>
>I have the following conf/tomcat-users.xml:
><tomcat-users>
>  <user name="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat" />
>  <user name="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1" />
>  <user name="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1" />
>  <user name="admin" password="admin" roles="admin" />     # <-- NOTE ,I
>added this line.
></tomcat-users>
>
>and I now get the following error when trying to access the 'view ..' 'add
>..' and 'remove ..'  context buttons when browsing to
>
>http://localhost/admin
>
>(the http://localhost/examples context works fine though)
>
>What's it mean? (it means nothing to me!)
>Error: 500
>
>Location: /admin/contextAdmin/contextAdmin.jsp
>
>Internal Servlet Error:
>
>javax.servlet.ServletException:
>        at
>org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImp
>l.java:459)
>        at
>contextAdmin._0002fcontextAdmin_0002fcontextAdmin_0002ejspcontextAdmin_jsp_0
>._jspService(_0002fcontextAdmin_0002fcontextAd
>        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)

help on restricting access to admin context

Posted by "G.Nagarajan" <gn...@dkf.de>.
hi,
Can anyone tell the steps to protect the admin context with an user name and
password?

Thanks in advance,
Nagaraj.

Re: password and login to admin context