Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2015/06/09 14:13:58 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Sling Provisioning Model 1.2.0 and Apache Sling Slingstart Maven Plugin 1.2.0

Hi,

We solved some issues and added some new features in this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12329643
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12332066

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-1256/

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
signatures:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 1256 /tmp/sling-staging

Please vote to approve this release:

  [ ] +1 Approve the release
  [ ]  0 Don't care
  [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Regards
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Provisioning Model 1.2.0 and Apache Sling Slingstart Maven Plugin 1.2.0

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

David

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 11:19 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...all I'm trying to say is that the
> situation is as good or as bad as before...

Ok, thanks for clarifying - for now I have created
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-4799 to investigate this
in the context of crankstart and upgrades. If someone has additional
info on what might fail in those and other contexts please add it
there.

-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Provisioning Model 1.2.0 and Apache Sling Slingstart Maven Plugin 1.2.0

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Am 11.06.15 um 11:15 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 11:07 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Am 11.06.15 um 11:02 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
>>> ...what's the failure scenario if a
>>> Sling instance is running a version of installer core that's too old?...
>
>> Configurations with multi values are missing....
>
> Sorry but I still don't understand exactly when that happens, is that:
>
> -I create a Sling Launchpad using the latest slingstart plugin
> -The provisioning model includes configs with multi values
> -The provisioning model includes an installer core bundle that is "too old"
> -Configs with multi values will be ignored
>
> Is this what happens?

Yepp

>> ...we can add a check to the
>> maven plugin to fail the build of installer core is below a specific version...
>
> Maybe, but I'm working on converting Crankstart to use the
> provisioning model, and we might have different, more dynamic failure
> scenarios there - we might need runtime detection of that issue then.

True, but right now we don't have any - so for example you put in an
invalid configuration in the model which can't be parsed, then you end
up in the same scenario. And that happens already today. And this also
happened before we had the provisioning model.
I'm not saying we shouldn't do this, all I'm trying to say is that the

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Am 11.06.15 um 11:02 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 8:07 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
>> ...you don't need the latest
>> configadmin but the lastest OSGi installer core (I've started a vote for
>> that because of exactly this reason).
>> I don't think this is a blocker for this release, we can decide whether
>> we're fine with this and if not find a solution and release updated
>> versions....
>
> I'm trying to understand the issue, what's the failure scenario if a
> Sling instance is running a version of installer core that's too old?
> I saw the SLING-4793 / http://svn.apache.org/r1684563 changes to the
> installer but that doesn't say much.

Configurations with multi values are missing.

Again, I don't think that is a huge problem - we can add a check to the

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Am 11.06.15 um 11:43 schrieb Stefan Seifert:
> +1 (non-binding)
>
> here is a workaround when using the slingstart-maven-plugin for generating the files if you do not want the multilines in config files:
>
> <plugin>
>   <groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId>
>   <artifactId>slingstart-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>   <extensions>true</extensions>
>   <version>1.2.0</version>
>   <dependencies>
>     <dependency>
>       <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
>       <artifactId>org.apache.felix.configadmin</artifactId>
>       <version>1.8.4</version>
>     </dependency>
>   </dependencies>
> </plugin>
>
> worked for me.

Right, that solves it as well. Thanks for mentioning this, I'll update
the docs accordingly

Regards
Carsten

Posted by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de>.
+1 (non-binding)

here is a workaround when using the slingstart-maven-plugin for generating the files if you do not want the multilines in config files:

<plugin>
  <groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId>
  <artifactId>slingstart-maven-plugin</artifactId>
  <extensions>true</extensions>
  <version>1.2.0</version>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
      <artifactId>org.apache.felix.configadmin</artifactId>
      <version>1.8.4</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
</plugin>

worked for me.

stefan

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de>.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
+1

Robert

Posted by Stefan Egli <st...@apache.org>.
+1,

Cheers,
Stefan

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
The vote passes with three binding +1 votes and two non binding +1 votes

Thanks
Carsten