Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Darren Govoni <da...@ontrenet.com> on 2011/10/08 11:12:13 UTC

EmbeddedSolr + Http?

Hi,
   Can and EmbeddedSolrServer in one app and an HttpSolrServer (deployed
as war) in another share the same solr home, data, config etc?

I want to use the Http server for indexing against and the embedded one
for searching. Is there a reason why this is bad?

thanks,
Darren

Re: EmbeddedSolr + Http?

Posted by Luis Cappa Banda <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

I think that there isn´t any problem to share the same configuration, but if
you share also the data directory be careful to not modify the index at the
same time with CommonHttpSolrServer and EmbeddedSolrServer: exceptions may
occur. In any case I recommend you the contraire: index with
EmbeddedSolrServer because it´s quicker, and if you need external access via
Http use CommonHttpSolrServer for searching. If you don´t need Http just use
EmbeddedSolrServer for both indexing and searching. It depends on your
architecture.

Goodbye.
Luis Cappa.