Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/03 21:12:52 UTC

Is there a CVS branch for patches?

I'd like to submit some patches that would address some of the "id"
attribute issues we've been discussing on the user's list.

I know that you are in beta (or about to go into beta.)  What should I
do about this as far as patches are concerned?  Is there a branch
version I should be using?

Also, I plan to submit them to JIRA.  I'm assuming that is the procedure here.

Thanks,

sean

RE: Is there a CVS branch for patches?

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.
Sean,

> I'd like to submit some patches that would address some of
> the "id" attribute issues we've been discussing on the user's list.

thanks! that sounds nice :-)

> I know that you are in beta (or about to go into beta.)  What
> should I do about this as far as patches are concerned?  Is
> there a branch version I should be using?

Yes, we are. We were alpha ago... Beta is because we haven't
passed TCK yet. So we are not a *cert* JSF Impl and not
allowed to call us *final*. Geronimo folks call their
releases "milestone". So you can patch against last CVS
Head. Your patches will be inculded into 1.0.9 of MyFaces

1.0.8 is coming soon, after we got ok from incubator PMC,
which shouldn't be a problem. Since we got 6 "+1" from
MyFaces committer right now.

> Also, I plan to submit them to JIRA.  I'm assuming that is
> the procedure here.

Jira is the place :-)

Matthias