Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Jerry Malcolm <te...@malcolms.com> on 2019/01/02 23:08:51 UTC

Blacklist site started flagging everything as spam this morning

I am running 3.0b5.  Everything has been running pretty much without a
hitch for a couple of years now.  Around 5:30 this morning (11:30GMT)
all inbound mail started being flagged as spam.  After digging through
the logs and my conf files, I finally isolated it to the njabl.org
site.  It was flagging all sender domains including gmail.com.  I
commented the matcher block (below) out of my conf file, and finally
everything is flowing again.

<mailet match="InSpammerBlacklist=dnsbl.njabl.org." class="ToProcessor">
     <processor>spam</processor>
     <notice>550 Requested action not taken: rejected - see
http://njabl.org/</notice>
</mailet>

Is anyone else seeing this?  This site is rating the sending domain/ip,
and therefore shouldn't be rating anything to do with my domain,
correct?  I'll just keep this commented out until I figure out what's
happening.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Jerry