Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Fred Muhlenberg <Fr...@Sun.COM> on 2005/01/28 17:42:04 UTC

How to get user supplied documentation into reports section

How do I get a report that I have created -- it's in the xdocs
directory, to show up in the reports section when I run site:generate?

I see in the xdoc output,

	Transforming user supplied documentation.

and the report exists in the target/docs directory.  It's just not
listed anywhere in the index menus.

TIA,
-Fred

--
Fred Muhlenberg

'Tell me and I may forget.  Show me and I may not remember.
  Involve me, and I'll understand.'
                             Native American Saying

Navigation.xml and collapsable menu's

Posted by Fred Muhlenberg <Fr...@Sun.COM>.
> You must create a "navigation.xml" file:
> http://maven.apache.org/site.html

Thanks for the response.  I'm not sure how I missed that (probably rushed).

Now, I am trying to get a collapsible menu to work.  With the following
navigation.xml file, after generating the site, I get the triangle,
indicating possible expansion of the Setup menu.  However, clicking on
the Setup link doesn't expand it -- it does show the Setup.html file
correctly.

What am I missing on getting the Setup menu to expand?

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project>
  <title>Development Menu tree</title>
   <menu name="Development" collapse="true">
    <item name="Setup" href="Env-Setup.html" collapse="true">
     <item href="/cvs.html" name="CVS" collapse="true"> </item>
     <item href="/ant.html" name="Ant" collapse="true"> </item>
    </item>
    <item href="/tasks.html" name="To Do"> </item>
    <item href="/faq.html" name="FAQs"> </item>
   </menu>
</project>

The sample from http://maven.apache.org/site.html doesn't expand for me
either.

-Fred

Re: How to get user supplied documentation into reports section

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
You must create a "navigation.xml" file:
http://maven.apache.org/site.html