Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Patrick Lacson <pl...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/22 22:46:15 UTC

development environment

hi All,

I'm curious to what everyone's dev environment looks like.  Here's mine:

hardware
Penium IV 2.0Ghz / 1GB Ram

OS
Windows XP Pro

IDE / Tools
Eclipse 3.x / Emacs

--
Patrick

Re: development environment

Posted by Joe Riopel <go...@gmail.com>.
p4 3.4 1GB RAM
VIM ( Sometimes NetBeans )
MySQL ( 4.1.7 )

Posted by Anoop kumar V <an...@gmail.com>.
here is what we have:

Pentium IV 2.5 Ghz / 1.5 GB Ram

OS Windows XP

IDE - IntelliJ IDEA (I give it a 9 on 10 - its that good)
We use cvs - WinCVS / TortoiseCVS for version control. with Win Merge.

MySQL as a breeding database although prod has Sybase and DB2. DB
Visualiser as the db client.
Ant build tool / tomcat staging platform.

Firefox for the browser but seems like the clients are IE only. I am
being forced to test on IE as most of the javascript my team has built
works only on IE and not on Firefox. (I argue that the js has bugs!!!)

-Anoop

On 4/22/05, Patrick Lacson <pl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi All,
>
> I'm curious to what everyone's dev environment looks like.  Here's mine:
>
> hardware
> Penium IV 2.0Ghz / 1GB Ram
>
> OS
> Windows XP Pro
>
> IDE / Tools
> Eclipse 3.x / Emacs
>
> --
> Patrick

Thanks and best regards,
Anoop

Re: development environment

Posted by Larry Meadors <la...@gmail.com>.
Gentoo (2.4 kernel) on Intel 2.8GHz w/ 1GB RAM - IntelliJ IDEA.

Re: development environment

Posted by Mauricio NuƱez <ma...@chile.com>.
El vie, 22-04-2005 a las 13:46 -0700, Patrick Lacson escribiĆ³:
> hi All,
>
> I'm curious to what everyone's dev environment looks like.  Here's mine:

Hi,

Ubuntu Linux 5.04
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
1G RAM
Eclipse 3.0.2

[OT] Re: development environment

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
* Pentium IV 2.8GHz, 2G RAM, dual 21" monitors (CRT's... they're still
far better to me, screw size!)

* Windows XP Professional as main OS and Redhat8/WinNT/Win98/Mandrake in
VMWare for testing

* UltraEdit & Directory Opus - This is essentially my development
environment, these two are where I spend 90% of my time during the day

* Tomcat locally for all development as well as an instance on the
Redhat VM, a secondary PC next to me (lesser hardware specs, but still
decent) running Windows 2000 has WebSphere 5.1 which is our production
app server of choice

* Maxthon and Firefox for testing

* Oracle 9i for all database development

* SourceSafe for some things, CVS for others (we are moving to all CVS,
but SS is still in use right now)

That's the important stuff I figure.  That's at work by the way, but I
have an almost identical setup in my home office (laptop instead of
secondary PC is the big difference), configured in a very similar way,
so with the full VPN access to work, I can work almost as effectively at
home as at work, not to mention work on my own stuff off-hours.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect

Posted by Patrick Lacson <pl...@gmail.com>.
That's some serious hardware!

Dual 3.6 Xeon 15k rpm drives?!!

I take it your desktop is also your dev DB server?

Posted by Mike Jackson <mj...@cdi-hq.com>.
Laptop
	P4 2.0GHZ / 1 GB
	Windows XP Pro (sp2)