Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> on 2003/09/22 22:43:15 UTC

smaller lenya builds

we tend to have a full-blown cocoon underneath lenya when we really only
need some blocks for a standard lenya install.

the attached build and block property files for cocoon cut down build
times for a full rebuild considerably. i suggest we use these for the
nightly builds too to reduce their footprint.

-gregor

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: smaller lenya builds

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

> Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>
>> we tend to have a full-blown cocoon underneath lenya when we really
>> only need some blocks for a standard lenya install.
>>
>> the attached build and block property files for cocoon cut down build
>> times for a full rebuild considerably.
>

> very good idea. Cocoon still seems to run, but Lenya has a problem
> with missing Deli:
>

>  Internal Server Error
>
> Message: Failed to load sitemap from
> file:/home/michi/build/tomcat/webapps/lenya/global-sitemap.xmap

> sitemap from
> file:/home/michi/build/tomcat/webapps/lenya/global-sitemap.xmap:
> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
> Could not load class org.apache.cocoon.transformation.DeliTransformer
> for component named 'xslt' at

If one comments exclude.block.deli within local.blocks.properties, then
it's much better.

I guess we need some more testing, but it looks very promising :-)

Thanks

Michael

Re: smaller lenya builds

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

>> the attached build and block property files for cocoon cut down build
>> times for a full rebuild considerably.
>
> very good idea. Cocoon still seems to run, but Lenya has a problem with
> missing Deli:

yeah, put deli back in. i also realized that we can save some more if we
  remove the dependencies on the deprecated APIs. for some reason there
are dependencies on the scratchpad somewhere (although i am not sure
whether it is a lenya or cocoon dependencies)

Re: smaller lenya builds

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> we tend to have a full-blown cocoon underneath lenya when we really
> only need some blocks for a standard lenya install.
>
> the attached build and block property files for cocoon cut down build
> times for a full rebuild considerably.

very good idea. Cocoon still seems to run, but Lenya has a problem with
missing Deli:

  Internal Server Error

Message: Failed to load sitemap from
file:/home/michi/build/tomcat/webapps/lenya/global-sitemap.xmap

sitemap from
file:/home/michi/build/tomcat/webapps/lenya/global-sitemap.xmap:
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Could
not load class org.apache.cocoon.transformation.DeliTransformer for
component named 'xslt' at
file:/home/michi/build/tomcat/webapps/lenya/global-sitemap.xmap:163:164

Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

Source: Cocoon Servlet

Request URI

cause

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cocoon.transformation.DeliTransformer

request-uri

/lenya/

full exception chain stacktrace

Original Exception: org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Could not load class org.apache.cocoon.transformation.DeliTransformer for component named 'xslt' at file:/home/michi/build/tomcat/webapps/lenya/global-sitemap.xmap:163:164
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.ExtendedComponentSelector.configure(ExtendedComponentSelector.java:277)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ComponentsSelector.configure(ComponentsSelector.java:192)
	at org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.configure(ContainerUtil.java:239)
	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(DefaultComponentFactory.java:315)
	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize(ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java:141)
	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.initialize(ExcaliburComponentManager.java:554)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager.initialize(CocoonComponentManager.java:530)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.LifecycleHelper.setupComponent(LifecycleHelper.java:337)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.LifecycleHelper.setupComponent(LifecycleHelper.java:266)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.LifecycleHelper.setupComponent(LifecycleHelper.java:219)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SitemapLanguage.createComponentManager(SitemapLanguage.java:104)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.DefaultTreeBuilder.build(DefaultTreeBuilder.java:421)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.DefaultTreeBuilder.build(DefaultTreeBuilder.java:401)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.setupRootNode(TreeProcessor.java:439)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:321)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:309)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(MountNode.java:133)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:84)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ActTypeNode.invoke(ActTypeNode.java:176)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:84)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invoke(PreparableMatchNode.java:164)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:108)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(PipelineNode.java:164)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:108)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(PipelinesNode.java:161)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:327)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:309)
	at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1096)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextV