Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Karen Babayán <ka...@nxtsis.com> on 2001/10/09 10:07:07 UTC

merging xml and html

Hi everybody

We have the following problem and no idea of how to solve it:

We have 4 xml documents dinamically created and several static html files.
The xml documents, all together, compose two menus that must appear one on
the left side and the other on the right side everytime the final page is
requested. The different html files are to be somewhat "inserted" in order
to get the final html page that uses the mentioned menus.

I'm sure many of you have encountered this same situation and that there are
more than one solution, but right now we're quite stalled about this.

Any suggestion, please?

Thanks

Karen Babayan

Re: merging xml and html

Posted by Alexandre Victoor <av...@prisma-presse.com>.
Hi
I don't know if that will help you. I have the same kind of site. I use xsl
variables with the "document()" function: "<xsl:variable name="foo"
select="document('info.xml')/foo"/>"

Good luck
Alex

AW: merging xml and html

Posted by Jörn Heid <he...@fh-heilbronn.de>.
First, I think you can only include XHTML files.

I think you can use XInclude inside the XSLT file if you do not wnat to
modify the xhtml files. Another solution is to make them xslt files which
you can include using xsl:include.