Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Vincent Olivier <tm...@nbourbaki.com> on 2008/07/17 17:56:41 UTC

409 Conflict on SVN Commit

Hi guys,

We have a SVN repository that was working perfectly fine for 2 years
until this monday. Now, whenever anyone, using any SVN client (Eclipse,
Versions, command line, etc), tries to commit anything in any branch or
folder, we get the following error (this was from an Eclipse 3.3.2 +
Subclipse 1.2.4 installation) :

commit -m "Comment" /workspace/example.com/HISTORY.txt
    Sending        /workspace/example.com/HISTORY.txt
    Transmitting file data ...
    svn: Commit failed (details follow):
    svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Can't move '/var/svn/db/transactions/2228-1.txn/rev' to
'/var/svn/db/revs/2229': No such file or directory
svn: MERGE of '/svn/trunk/example.com': 409 Conflict (https://example.com)

The server is a Centos 4 system running the following relevant packages
installed and running :

Apache 2: httpd.i386.2.0.52-38.ent.centos4.
mod_svn : mod_dav_svn.i386.1.1.4-2.ent

We haven't been able to identify what event triggered the problem and
all our attempts to find a solution for it have failed. We have been
looking at the mailing lists very intensively, we also tried to follow
as many cleanup techniques as per the SVN Book "Repository Maintenance"
chapter to no avail. Permissions are fine on the repository itself.
There is 70% free space available on the SVN repository hard drive.

Does anyone have an idea on what might be the cause of that?

Thanks in advance.

Vincent