Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Cadbury <co...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/01 04:39:38 UTC

Re: Direct all mails to custom class

it's ok tobe. regarding my q
> 2) then Apache James would email the (should be) recipient of the
> email a message saying that he/she have got an email...

what I actually want is just like Noel write down here. But honestly i have only a little idea on how to implement it.. where can I get the AbstractRedirect/AbstractNotifier mailet?

thanx for helping..
Cadbury wrote:
> what I actually want is a Mailet that will send notification to
> the receiver(user B) that the sender (user A) sends user B an email

You want a NotifyRecipient type mailet.  That is very easy to do.  You
could
start with the AbstractRedirect / AbstractNotifier family of mailets.
See
the source distribution.  Basically, you want to send a new e-mail to
the
original recipient saying something about the other message, which I
presume
you will stored elsewhere.  You could probably use an existing mailet,
but
not if you want to provide a "pretty" message body with replaced
fields.

Actually, it would be worthwhile to modify the notifier code to use the
same
code we put into the new mailing list manager.  I'm thinking something
along
the lines of ${<HEADER>} being replaced with the value of that header
from
the original e-mail.

	--- Noel

tobe <to...@swipnet.se> wrote:Sorry for taking so long, have been away:

Cadbury wrote:

> 2) then Apache James would email the (should be) recipient of the
> email a message saying that he/she have got an email...

Is this mail sent through James? How does it get handled by the
processor? Are your mails looping?

/tobe

Re: Direct all mails to custom class

Posted by Cadbury <co...@yahoo.com>.
regarding my question here earlier, do anyone here have a sample code on how to implement the AbstractRedirect mailet to function as I need..?

thanx.