Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/23 04:18:01 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] New Apache Flink PMC Members - Godfrey He, Xingbo Huang

Hi everyone,

On behalf of the Apache Flink PMC, I'm very happy to announce that Godfrey
He and Xingbo Huang have joined the Flink PMC!

Godfrey He becomes a Flink committer in Sep 2020. His contributions are
mainly focused on the Flink table module, covering almost all important
parts such as Client(SQL Client, SQL gateway, JDBC driver, etc), API, SQL
parser, query optimization, query execution, etc. Especially in the query
optimization part, he built the query optimization framework and the cost
model, improved the statistics information and made a lot of optimizations,
e.g. dynamic partition pruning, join hint, multiple input rewrite, etc. In
addition, he has done a lot of groundwork, such as refactoring the
ExecNode(which is the basis for further DAG optimizations) and SQL Plan
JSON serialization (which is a big step to support SQL job version
upgrade). Besides that, he's also helping the projects in other ways, e.g.
managing releases, giving talks, etc.

Xingbo Huang becomes a Flink committer in Feb 2021. His contributions are
mainly focused on the PyFlink module and he's the author of many important
features in PyFlink, e.g. Cython support, Python thread execution mode,
Python UDTF support, Python UDAF support in windowing, etc. He is also one
of the main contributors in the Flink ML project. Besides that, he's also
helping to manage releases, taking care of the build stabilites, etc.

Congratulations and welcome them as Apache Flink PMC!

Regards,
Dian

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Apache Flink PMC Members - Godfrey He, Xingbo Huang

Posted by Danny Cranmer <da...@apache.org>.
Congrats both! Welcome :)

Danny

Posted by Jane Chan <qi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wei Zhong <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shuiqiang Chen <ac...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Runker Hanna <hr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lincoln Lee <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benchao Li <li...@apache.org>.

--

Best,
Benchao Li

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Apache Flink PMC Members - Godfrey He, Xingbo Huang

Posted by Zakelly Lan <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by yuxia <lu...@alumni.sjtu.edu.cn>.

Posted by Leonard Xu <xb...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations,Godfrey and Xingbo!

Best,
Leonard

Posted by Geng Biao <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shengkai Fang <fs...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations, Godfrey and Xingbo!

Best,
Shengkai

Hang Ruan <ru...@gmail.com> 于2022年12月18日周日 18:41写道:

Posted by Hang Ruan <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jun Qin <qi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dong Lin <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hangxiang Yu <ma...@gmail.com>.

--
Best,
Hangxiang.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Apache Flink PMC Members - Godfrey He, Xingbo Huang

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sergey Nuyanzin <sn...@gmail.com>.
Congrats to both!

--
Best regards,
Sergey

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Apache Flink PMC Members - Godfrey He, Xingbo Huang

Posted by Yun Gao <yu...@aliyun.com.INVALID>.
From:Matthias Pohl <ma...@aiven.io.INVALID>
Send Time:2022 Nov. 24 (Thu.) 12:25
To:dev <de...@flink.apache.org>