Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by msacks <nt...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/22 02:16:15 UTC

Blogging about a project in voting status

One more question, I read somewhere in the PMC rules that while a
project is being voted on, you are not allowed to promote it in blogs,
etc. Is this correct?

Is the rule that once it is accepted as a podling  you can start
writing and discussing the project once again?

Thanks,
msacks

Re: Blogging about a project in voting status

Posted by msacks <nt...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Bertrand, yes I think I may have mis-read this
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 5:02 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 2:16 AM, msacks <nt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> One more question, I read somewhere in the PMC rules that while a
>> project is being voted on, you are not allowed to promote it in blogs,
>> etc. Is this correct?
>
> Not sure where you read that.
>
> What would be wrong, for example, is marketing a project as an Apache
> foundation project without mentioning that it is in incubation - as
> incubation can fail and cause the project to go away.

Got it.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.