Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> on 2019/06/19 04:38:11 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Is it time to remove Apache Ant from ZooKeeper?

What's the current status on maven replacing ant? Is there a current
summary somewhere? Perhaps someone could create a wiki page to track the
status across the three branches and plans/remainder for each?

I noticed today that even with the "full-build" profile it doesn't look
like maven is building the c client (did I miss something?), even though
ant compile-native is. Stuff like this we can't lose and will need to be
working before we can fully migrate.

Thanks,

Patrick

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il giorno gio 20 giu 2019 alle ore 20:05 Enrico Olivelli <
eolivelli@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Il giorno mer 19 giu 2019 alle ore 08:14 Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
> ha scritto:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 11:02 PM Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> the
>> > >

>> > Good idea!
>> > I will do.

>> look
>> >

>> > We are building the C client on travis in precommit
>> >
>> > mvn clean install -Pfull-build
>> >

>> Hm, something is odd/broken then - looking back through my history I ran
>>
>> $ mvn clean install -DskipTests -Pfull-build
>>
>> the "configure" script was run but no make was run.
>>
>> I would expect that a full-build install would generate the c client even
>> if testing was skipped. Any ideas what's up there?
>>

> I am working on a fix.
> I will send a patch soon.

Patrick
here it is my patch, please take a look
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/993

I have also tagged Norbert as he initially written that pom.xml

Enrico

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.