Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Jochen Kempf <jo...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/30 18:49:18 UTC

Problems downgrading from 0.11.0 to 0.10.1

Hi,

after downgrading from CouchDB 0.11.0 to 0.10.1 a dialog window indicating
"Database information could not be retrieved: illegal_database_name" pops up
whenever I click on "Overview" in Futon. I noticed that after creating an
admin user with 0.11.0 I now have a "_users" database which seems to be the
problematic database. I cannot remove it nor enter its documents.

How to fix this?

Re: Problems downgrading from 0.11.0 to 0.10.1

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@buyways.nl>.
Also, there may be a view file for that database, check for hidden files.
And, of course we're curious about the reasons for downgrading.

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@buyways.nl>.
Hi,

Posted by "Mikhail A. Pokidko" <mi...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 8:49 PM, Jochen Kempf <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after downgrading from CouchDB 0.11.0 to 0.10.1 a dialog window indicating
> "Database information could not be retrieved: illegal_database_name" pops up
> whenever I click on "Overview" in Futon. I noticed that after creating an
> admin user with 0.11.0 I now have a "_users" database which seems to be the
> problematic database. I cannot remove it nor enter its documents.
>
> How to fix this?

I don`t know how to fix this but try to remove database files
themselfs - something like /var/lib/couchdb/_users ?

--
xmpp: pma AT altlinux DOT org

Re: Problems downgrading from 0.11.0 to 0.10.1

Posted by Robert Dionne <di...@dionne-associates.com>.
you'll likely also need to delete the admins section in the ini file, where it keeps a secret, if your downgrade didn't refresh that file