Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Dandekar, Vivek" <Vi...@tnsi.com> on 2003/01/14 17:16:45 UTC

Question: Tomcat4.1.18/SOAP-Session Timeout Not working

Hi Everybody,
> We have set <session-timeout> 30 </session-timeout> in web.xml of soap
> context under tomcat 4.1.18.  The problem is sessions are timing out
> exactly after 30 minutes even if we send transactions after initial SOAP
> session was established.   Scope of Web service deployed is session.
> Basically lasttimeAccessed is not changing even if we access our
> webservice class using StandardSessionManager...
>
> Any ideas on how we can call access() method every time a new request is
> received so that SOAP session will not timeout on 30 minutes but it will
> time-out based on last accessed time+30 minutes. We put a <listner-class>
> in web.xml but it gets notified exactly after 30 minutes since session was
> created...

Is it necessary to write our own SessionManager that will set
lastAccessedtime every time we access the webservice class?

> Environment: Linux 7.3/Tomcat 4.1.8/soap.war ...
>
> Thanking you in advance. Any help would be appreciated..
>
> Vivek.

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information of Transaction Network
Services.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>