Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Philippe Cote <pc...@recruitsoft.com> on 2003/05/07 20:41:02 UTC

[users@httpd] FW: LimitRequestBody in

> Hello all,
>
> LimitRequestBody directive is fine when used in the server config context but I am unable to make it work when used inside <VirtualHost> containers.
>
> We use Apache 1.3.26 on Linux servers. Anyone has an idea of the problem?

Thanks.

Re: [users@httpd] FW: LimitRequestBody in

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 7 May 2003, Philippe Cote wrote:

> > Hello all,
> >
> > LimitRequestBody directive is fine when used in the server config context but I am unable to make it work when used inside <VirtualHost> containers.
> >
> > We use Apache 1.3.26 on Linux servers. Anyone has an idea of the problem?

It doesn't make any sense to use that directive inside <virtualhost>
because, for example, the Host: header necessary to determine the virtual
host is one of the things that will be limited.

Perhaps if you mentioned exactly what problem you are trying to solve, we
could be of more help.  LimitRequestBody is designed only to help prevent
denial of service attacks, so it makes sense to apply it to the whole
server, not a particular host.

Joshua.