Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ddu <da...@tetratech.com> on 2007/08/14 19:55:48 UTC

trouble with Tiles and EventActionDispatcher

I am migrating an existing system(runs on Struts 1.1) to Struts 1.3.8
basically because I want to take advantage of EventActionDispatcher.

I also use tiles, however I keep getting the following error msg:

WARNING: Unhandled exception
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: path must begin with a "/"
	at
com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.getRequestDispatcher(HttpApplication.java:1668)

I tried a couple of things and none of them worked. tiles works fine in the
existing system. Here are the codes:

action:
public class DefaultAction extends DispatchAction {
    protected ActionDispatcher dispatcher =  new
EventActionDispatcher(this);

    public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping,
                                 ActionForm form,
                                 HttpServletRequest request,
                                 HttpServletResponse response)
        throws Exception {
        return dispatcher.execute(mapping, form, request, response);
    }

  public ActionForward login(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form,
			HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
			throws Exception {
       return mapping.findForward("waterbodyList");
  }

struts-config.xml
    <action name="defaultForm"
            path="/default"
            input="/default.jsp"
            scope="request"
            parameter="login,default=unspecified"
            type="com.tetratech.fac.app.action.DefaultAction">
      <forward name="success" path="/index.jsp"/>
      <forward name="waterbodyList" path=".waterbodyList"/>
      <forward name="loeList" path=".loeList"/>
      <forward name="userManagement" path="/userManagement.do"/>
      <forward name="adminManagement" path=".adminManagement"/>
      <forward name="addNewLoe" path="/addNewLoe.do"/>
      <forward name="categoryMain" path=".categoryMain"/>
      <forward name="reportsMain" path=".reportsMain"/>
      <forward name="decisionsMain" path=".decisionsMain"/>
    </action>

tiles-defs.xml
<tiles-definitions>
  <definition name="basicLayout" path="/templates/basicLayout.jsp">
    <put name="title" value="California SWRCB - Assessment Facts Database
v2.0"
         type="string"/>
    <put name="pageTitle" value="FAC" type="string"/>
    <put name="header" value="../appheader.jsp" type="page"/>
    <put name="body" value="../app/index.jsp" type="page"/>
  </definition>
  <definition name=".waterbodyList" extends="basicLayout">
    <put name="pageTitle" value="Waterbody List" type="string"/>
    <put name="header" value="../appheader.jsp" type="page"/>
    <put name="body" value="../app/waterbodyList.jsp"/>
  </definition>
</tiles-definitions>

thanks!
David