Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jason Long <ha...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2021/03/11 17:33:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Is NGINX faster than Apache?

Hello,
Is it true that NGINX is faster than Apache?

https://www.hostingadvice.com/how-to/nginx-vs-apache/

In which environment, Apache must use?

Thank you.

RE: [users@httpd] Is NGINX faster than Apache? [EXT]

Posted by James Smith <js...@sanger.ac.uk>.
mod_event is comparable to NGINX I believe speed wise - but from experience Apache is more stable!

Posted by James Smith <js...@sanger.ac.uk>.
This is what we saw as well - simple things like disabling .htaccess files can make a huge difference in performance (I haven't set up a server with .htaccess files enabled for the best part of 20 years now because of the performance hit)

Posted by "Rose, John B" <jb...@utk.edu.INVALID>.

________________________________

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
@rbowen

Re: [users@httpd] Is NGINX faster than Apache?

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Posted by Jason Long <ha...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thank you.
When I'm here, then it mean that I'm a fan of Apache and not NGINX.

On Thursday, March 11, 2021, 11:31:26 PM GMT+3:30, Jim Weill <mo...@icsi.berkeley.edu> wrote:

Speaking for myself, I've certainly gotten frustrated with the config faster for nginx than apache.....

jim

Posted by Jim Weill <mo...@icsi.berkeley.edu>.