Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/12 11:50:23 UTC

[DISCUSS] Splitting the pool stuff outside of activemq-core and replacing it by the jencks one

The subjects says it all.  The reasons are:
   * avoid bloating the activemq-core, and make it easier for
dependency management (it adds a few deps which are only used there)
   * the jencks pool is derived from the activemq one, but adds some
features (xa auto enlistement, use of multiple connections, better jca
integration)

The jencks pool is available at:
  https://svn.codehaus.org/jencks/trunk/jencks-amqpool/src/main/java/org/jencks/amqpool

I'd also like to bring these few classes from servicemix along:
   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/smx4/features/trunk/activemq/activemq-rm/src/main/java/org/apache/servicemix/activemq/rm/

Btw, I also think the camel components should have their own module
and not be buried inside activemq-core, which also cause *big*
problems when using a complicated classloader hierarchy as in
ServiceMix 3.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [DISCUSS] Splitting the pool stuff outside of activemq-core and replacing it by the jencks one

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 12 Jun 2008, at 10:50, Guillaume Nodet wrote:

> The subjects says it all.  The reasons are:
>   * avoid bloating the activemq-core, and make it easier for
> dependency management (it adds a few deps which are only used there)
>   * the jencks pool is derived from the activemq one, but adds some
> features (xa auto enlistement, use of multiple connections, better jca
> integration)
>
> The jencks pool is available at:
>  https://svn.codehaus.org/jencks/trunk/jencks-amqpool/src/main/java/org/jencks/amqpool
>
> I'd also like to bring these few classes from servicemix along:
>   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/smx4/features/trunk/activemq/activemq-rm/src/main/java/org/apache/servicemix/activemq/rm/

> Btw, I also think the camel components should have their own module
> and not be buried inside activemq-core, which also cause *big*
> problems when using a complicated classloader hierarchy as in
> ServiceMix 3.
>

> --
> Cheers,
> Guillaume Nodet
> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

+1 - I'm hoping we could do this for 5.2