Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2009/11/24 17:12:57 UTC

[ANN] Maven Changes Plugin 2.2 Released

The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven Changes
Plugin, version 2.2

This plugin is used to inform your users of the changes that have
occured between different releases of your project. The plugin can
extract these changes, either from a changes.xml file or from the JIRA
issue management system, and present them as a report. You also have the
option of creating a release announcement and even sending this via
email to your users.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-changes-plugin/

You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:

<plugin>
 <artifactId>maven-changes-plugin</artifactId>
 <version>2.2</version>
</plugin>

Release Notes - Maven 2.x Changes Plugin - Version 2.2

** Bug
    * [MCHANGES-116] - FileNotFoundException and NullPointerException if
src/changes/changes.xml is missing
    * [MCHANGES-143] - Specifying sender email address using
fromDeveloperId is no longer working.
    * [MCHANGES-147] - MavenProject object not initialize due to
mispelling into the declaration
    * [MCHANGES-156] - An empty table is shown for a <release> which
doesn't have any <action> in it
    * [MCHANGES-166] - Problem with issueLinkTemplatePerSystem
    * [MCHANGES-185] - Output special characters like < and > in the
JIRA report

** Improvement
    * [MCHANGES-177] - Allow specification of report columns in Trac report
    * [MCHANGES-178] - Make the url parameter non-required
    * [MCHANGES-179] - Improve the announcement template reference
documentation
    * [MCHANGES-181] - Add Swedish translation
    * [MCHANGES-183] - Add French translations
    * [MCHANGES-184] - Add German translation for the Trac report

** New Feature
    * [MCHANGES-161] - Add limited properties interpolation

** Task
    * [MCHANGES-157] - Update to Doxia 1.0
    * [MCHANGES-158] - Document how to use the XML schema for changes.xml
    * [MCHANGES-170] - Review the Doxia Sink calls
    * [MCHANGES-171] - Fix Modello build warning
    * [MCHANGES-180] - Update to Maven Reporting Impl 2.0.4.3

Enjoy,

-The Maven team

Re: [ANN] Maven Changes Plugin 2.2 Released

Posted by Tony Chemit <ch...@codelutin.com>.
Le Tue, 24 Nov 2009 23:31:37 +0100,
Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> a écrit :

> > This seems to be in one of the model classes that is generated by
> > Modello. We upgraded the version of Modello to 1.0.1 in this release,
> > due to some bugs in earlier versions. Perhaps that is why.
> yes, see MODELLO-135 [1]

Ok, I got it now, thanks for the explanation :)

> Hervé
>

> > > It is normal ? Hope not since I saw nothing about it in release note.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your reply.
>

> [1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MODELLO-135

Tony Chemit

Re: [ANN] Maven Changes Plugin 2.2 Released

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Tony Chemit wrote:
> Le Tue, 24 Nov 2009 17:12:57 +0100,
> Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> a écrit :
>
>> The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven Changes
>> Plugin, version 2.2
>>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for this release :) happy to have french translations on our sites.
>
> I used the java code of Body and the setModelEncoding method was removed ?

This seems to be in one of the model classes that is generated by
Modello. We upgraded the version of Modello to 1.0.1 in this release,
due to some bugs in earlier versions. Perhaps that is why.

> It is normal ? Hope not since I saw nothing about it in release note.
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>

>> This plugin is used to inform your users of the changes that have
>> occured between different releases of your project. The plugin can
>> extract these changes, either from a changes.xml file or from the JIRA
>> issue management system, and present them as a report. You also have the
>> option of creating a release announcement and even sending this via
>> email to your users.
>>
>> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-changes-plugin/
>>
>> You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:
>>
>> <plugin>
>>  <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>>  <artifactId>maven-changes-plugin</artifactId>
>>  <version>2.2</version>
>> </plugin>
>>

>> Release Notes - Maven 2.x Changes Plugin - Version 2.2
>>

>> ** Bug
>>     * [MCHANGES-116] - FileNotFoundException and NullPointerException if
>> src/changes/changes.xml is missing
>>     * [MCHANGES-143] - Specifying sender email address using
>> fromDeveloperId is no longer working.
>>     * [MCHANGES-147] - MavenProject object not initialize due to
>> mispelling into the declaration
>>     * [MCHANGES-156] - An empty table is shown for a <release> which
>> doesn't have any <action> in it
>>     * [MCHANGES-166] - Problem with issueLinkTemplatePerSystem
>>     * [MCHANGES-185] - Output special characters like < and > in the
>> JIRA report
>>
>> ** Improvement
>>     * [MCHANGES-177] - Allow specification of report columns in Trac report
>>     * [MCHANGES-178] - Make the url parameter non-required
>>     * [MCHANGES-179] - Improve the announcement template reference
>> documentation
>>     * [MCHANGES-181] - Add Swedish translation
>>     * [MCHANGES-183] - Add French translations
>>     * [MCHANGES-184] - Add German translation for the Trac report
>>
>> ** New Feature
>>     * [MCHANGES-161] - Add limited properties interpolation
>>
>> ** Task
>>     * [MCHANGES-157] - Update to Doxia 1.0
>>     * [MCHANGES-158] - Document how to use the XML schema for changes.xml
>>     * [MCHANGES-170] - Review the Doxia Sink calls
>>     * [MCHANGES-171] - Fix Modello build warning
>>     * [MCHANGES-180] - Update to Maven Reporting Impl 2.0.4.3
>>

>> Enjoy,
>>
>> -The Maven team

Dennis Lundberg

Re: [ANN] Maven Changes Plugin 2.2 Released

Posted by Tony Chemit <ch...@codelutin.com>.
Le Tue, 24 Nov 2009 17:12:57 +0100,
Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> a écrit :

> The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven Changes
> Plugin, version 2.2

Hi,

Thanks for this release :) happy to have french translations on our sites.

I used the java code of Body and the setModelEncoding method was removed ?

It is normal ? Hope not since I saw nothing about it in release note.

Thanks for your reply.

> This plugin is used to inform your users of the changes that have
> occured between different releases of your project. The plugin can
> extract these changes, either from a changes.xml file or from the JIRA
> issue management system, and present them as a report. You also have the
> option of creating a release announcement and even sending this via
> email to your users.
>
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-changes-plugin/
>
> You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:
>
> <plugin>
>  <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>  <artifactId>maven-changes-plugin</artifactId>
>  <version>2.2</version>
> </plugin>
>

> Release Notes - Maven 2.x Changes Plugin - Version 2.2
>

> ** Bug
>     * [MCHANGES-116] - FileNotFoundException and NullPointerException if
> src/changes/changes.xml is missing
>     * [MCHANGES-143] - Specifying sender email address using
> fromDeveloperId is no longer working.
>     * [MCHANGES-147] - MavenProject object not initialize due to
> mispelling into the declaration
>     * [MCHANGES-156] - An empty table is shown for a <release> which
> doesn't have any <action> in it
>     * [MCHANGES-166] - Problem with issueLinkTemplatePerSystem
>     * [MCHANGES-185] - Output special characters like < and > in the
> JIRA report
>
> ** Improvement
>     * [MCHANGES-177] - Allow specification of report columns in Trac report
>     * [MCHANGES-178] - Make the url parameter non-required
>     * [MCHANGES-179] - Improve the announcement template reference
> documentation
>     * [MCHANGES-181] - Add Swedish translation
>     * [MCHANGES-183] - Add French translations
>     * [MCHANGES-184] - Add German translation for the Trac report
>
> ** New Feature
>     * [MCHANGES-161] - Add limited properties interpolation
>
> ** Task
>     * [MCHANGES-157] - Update to Doxia 1.0
>     * [MCHANGES-158] - Document how to use the XML schema for changes.xml
>     * [MCHANGES-170] - Review the Doxia Sink calls
>     * [MCHANGES-171] - Fix Modello build warning
>     * [MCHANGES-180] - Update to Maven Reporting Impl 2.0.4.3
>

> Enjoy,
>
> -The Maven team

Tony Chemit