Posted to dev@ripple.apache.org by Marc Luria <ma...@luria.net> on 2013/11/04 14:59:59 UTC

newbie question

I'm trying to ripple up and running again.

I have a windows machine running ampps, and my application runs in its own
local domain.  Let's call it testdomain.  In other words, in order to run
it I'm type

http://testdomain

to the browser.  I asked for help a while ago, but in the meantime things
straightened out, and I've been using the chrome extension.  I see on this
list that the future is that npm version, I just can't figure out how to
use it.  Can someone give me simple instructions?

Re: newbie question

Posted by Raymond Camden <ra...@gmail.com>.
To be clear though - this won't work *right now*, right? Not till you do
your push?

Re: newbie question

Posted by Gord Tanner <gt...@gmail.com>.
you will do a:

Re: newbie question

Posted by JR <jr...@gmail.com>.
I've done that on like 3 computers with no issues.

--
Jonathan

Re: newbie question

Posted by Raymond Camden <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: newbie question

Posted by Marc Luria <ma...@luria.net>.
There seem to be a lot of different gits here.  Which directory has a
fairly stable version?

Re: newbie question

Posted by Marc Luria <ma...@luria.net>.
clone which directory?

Re: newbie question

Posted by JR <jr...@gmail.com>.

--
Jonathan

Re: newbie question

Posted by Marc Luria <ma...@luria.net>.
So how do I try it out?

Re: newbie question

Posted by Gord Tanner <gt...@gmail.com>.

Re: newbie question

Posted by Raymond Camden <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: newbie question

Posted by Gord Tanner <gt...@gmail.com>.

Re: newbie question

Posted by Marc Luria <ma...@luria.net>.

Re: newbie question

Posted by Raymond Camden <ra...@gmail.com>.
"It will also server the content out of the platform that matches the
selected device."

This is pretty cool - didn't know that. So if I switch the platform in the
UI it just auto switches the path? I assume it makes an assumption? Right
now ripple requires me to either be in the Android root or path --path. So
are you saying it just makes an assumption about where a platform is?

Re: newbie question

Posted by Gord Tanner <gt...@gmail.com>.

Re: newbie question

Posted by Raymond Camden <ra...@gmail.com>.