Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by nat <na...@mailbox.hu> on 2005/06/01 11:36:31 UTC

tables and frames

Hello list!

Two questions I have.

1. How can I use frames with tapestry? How can I make a frame load a
specific page, but initiating this reload from a different frame?

2. Where can I find some documentation about the Table and FormTable
components found in the contrib package?
I was looking over the examples, and saw there some magic about how to
insert TextFields into the table using

<component id="XXXColumnValue" type="Block"/>

where XXX is the name of the column. I can see it working, but where
does the magic come form? What is this XXXColumnValue, and what other
magic words like this exist?

Attila

Re: tables and frames

Posted by nat <na...@mailbox.hu>.
> To quote the Table documentation:

Shame on me! I have skipped it somehow.
Thank you for helping me.

Attila

Re: tables and frames

Posted by Mind Bridge <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

To quote the Table documentation:

---
If defined, a Block with a name that starts with the column id and ends
with /ColumnValue/ will be used to render the column values. Similarly,
a Block with a name that starts with the column id and ends with
/ColumnHeader/ will be used to render the column headers.
---

In addition, you may use Table's columnSettingsContainer parameter to
define the component where the above Blocks are located (e.g. that could
be 'ognl: page').