Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Evgeniy Strokin <ev...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/07 21:55:10 UTC

Themes management improvment

Hello,
working with Roller Themes for the past few weeks I noticed some luck of functionality in Themes Management:
- No theme import for authors. Just upload ZIP file instead of copy/past texts from templates and uploading all images and scripts one by one to the right folders.
- No theme import for Roller Administrator. Also, just upload ZIP file and make the theme available to everybody without restarting the server.

I know that Roller 4 will be a big improvement for Themes Management, but I believe this version still doesn't have anything like this.
Am I right? Do you plan to add such features?

Thank you
Gene

Re: Themes management improvment

Posted by Allen Gilliland <ag...@apache.org>.
You are right, that functionality does not exist right now.

There have been plans to do that as the theme managment code has
evolved over time and that was always the end goal, but as yet no work
has been done to make it happen.

-- Allen