Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by robin kurian <rk...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/12 15:48:32 UTC

creating a web application in apache+tomcat

Hi All I have an apache + tomcat connected using mod_jk running successfully  on a Red Hat 8.0 machine.  Apache web server runs on port 8000. I need to have a configuration such that when i type http://myserver:8000/ should invoke an index.jsp in my application root directory . For example /home/robin/tomcat/webapps/myapp/index.jsp.   I have myapp "Context" in myapp.xml in webapps directory. I could make it such that when i type http://myserver:8080/myapp/(Tomcat Port) ,index.jsp is displayed.  And http://myserver:8000/myapp/ displays index.jsp properly which proves my connector is working properly. But when i type http://myserver:8000 ,apache web server welcome page is displayed. Please help.... ThanksRobin

Re: creating a web application in apache+tomcat

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
As far as I know, there is no "good" way to do this, its been discussed in
the past.  I kludge a solution by just putting an index.html file in there
that does a META refresh to index.jsp.  Other people use mod_rewrite, and I
am sure there are other ways to do it.

John